T. Snape's printing works have been located
in Bolton's Court, Preston for over 150 years. The firm takes its name
from Thomas Snape who founded the company in 1858. After the death of
Thomas, the company continued under the control of Thomas's son Herbert
Tracey Snape, who later
acquired two partners; Mr John Sutton and Mr Richard Shepherd. The
young men in the company were called up when war was declared in 1939.
After the war the company continued to grow, becoming well known for its
high quality goods and service.
Today T. Snape Printers continues to supply an exceptional service to
many of Lancashire's businesses, societies, councils and health
authorities with commercial print. The company is presently under the
control of the Swarbrick family who are descended from Richard
Herbet Tracey Snape